Saturday 29 January 2022

The Peacock 411

 July 15.  "We finally did it.  We finally did it.  On my insistence, Jim invited me for a meeting with the parish council.  Boy, did that place ever go up in flames.  And I'm still not finished with that pack of lying hypocrites.  I told them everything, I spared not a single detail and I didn't pull punches, and I feel so good about myself, I feel so good about what just happened, and only you and I Harriet, know where the bodies are buried.

"I first told them, that unlike their common perception of street ho's, I came from a decent family.  No child abuse, no dirty uncle to diddle me, no nasty divorce.  Dad worked in finance and Mom taught elementary school.  I told them that I dropped out of university because I ran out of money.  Mom and dad offered help.  I was proud so I turned them down.  I had other employment opportunities, but I chose hooking, and I chose to dress up and be Cassandra.  Can I justify what I did?  No.  I am brutally ashamed of it now.  But it looked interesting, fun, edgy, and I have always been a risk taker.  Plus, all those hot men, and a few trolls as well.  And getting paid for it."

"So, why did I quit?  I told them that I just didn't want to do it anymore.  Not because I was broken, but because I was fed up.  And I had found God.  They didn't seem to get it, and then I really lit into them..."

No comments:

Post a Comment