Sunday 23 January 2022

The Peacock 402

 "Did you guys have that conversation?"

"Yes, we did, actually.  During supper, and probably the same day he wrote that."

"How did it go?"

"That was the first time that we actually came close to having an all out fight.  And the only time.  Thank God."

"What happened?"

"It was two against one."

"Which two?"

"Kenny and I against Dad.  it was actually sort of pathetic."

"Did he write it up?"

"Let me have a look", say I, and "Here it is.  The same day, written after dinner."

"I am so upset and disgusted with Jim.  Disappointed, actually.  And so proud of Chris.  But what an ugly scene at dinner.  I simply asked Jim why do we sing the national anthem at church.  He lamely replied that it is an expression of gratitude and thanksgiving for all the bounty and freedom that God has given us in this country.  So, I told him about Tamara, who was my closest street sister.  Tamara was native, Haida, and had to work as a ho to simply survive.  She didn't otherwise fit the popular stereotypes for native ho's.  She didn't drink, didn't do drugs, but she needed to survive, and actually had the noble idea of hooking her way through university.  And she did it successfully, landing her a degree in social work and soon after the full surgery..."

No comments:

Post a Comment