Monday 31 January 2022

The Peacock 413

 I was so disgusted with all of them, since obviously I wasn't getting anywhere with any of them, that I simply gave up.  I told them they were all hopeless and too dense to figure anything out that I was trying to say.  Except for maybe one of them.  He is the deacon, younger guy, and he didn't say anything, but I could tell by his look that he was at least a little bit receptive to what I had to tell them.  I was going to just take the bus home, but Jim insisted on leaving early so he could drive me home.  We didn't talk much on the way, but when we got home, we both waited in the car till he just said, Kenny, I know how hard this must be for you.  I'm so sorry.  I just don't know what else to say.  He was really struggling with his words and he seemed even to  be struggling not to cry.  We went inside, and didn't talk anymore about it.

I'm going back.  They are not going to that easily shut me out, keep me away.  It is my church too, not just for smug middle class professionals. Jesus came for everybody and Jesus died for everybody.  Even for drag queens.  Even for ho's.  I haven't said anything yet to Jim, but I have every intention of fighting those bastards and to go on fighting them.  They are not going to shut me up.  They can't get me to leave that easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment