Sunday 17 April 2022

The Peacock 488

 "You both live here?" I ask.

"We both live here"  says Michael, who seems assertive and warm, "Altogether with my darling little old mother", he gestures to Sheila, "And Glen. of course."

"You´re not exactly a spring chicken anymore, yourself, sonny-boy", grumbles Sheila.

"Oh, but I'm still you're little boy, ain't I, Mommy."

""Little pain in the ass," she says.

"And you would be one of the guests", Michael says

"So far, anyway".

"What?  You're thinking to leave?"

"No, I'm thinking to stay.

"You can't be serious", says Matthew sourly.

"Are the others coming", Sheila asks.

"They should be down in a minute", Michael says.

"Adam and Lazarus?" says Sarah.

"I hope they're coming, anyway", says Sheila.  "They really need to participate more."

"A lot more", says Sarah...




No comments:

Post a Comment