Wednesday 6 April 2022

The Peacock 478

 I am lost for words.  We all seem lost for words, three introverts together.  They seem like lovely people, Glen and Sheila, but neither really wants to carry a conversation.  Introvert that I am, I need people to talk to me.  I thrive on people talking to me, as I suppose they would as well, but I don't want to just sit there and sip coffee with two strangers that cannot or do not want to engage.  Though I do suppose we deserve each other.  I really want Carl and Sarah both to hurry up and finish the cocoa so we can start having a conversation again.  I suppose Carl has brought me out of myself, or really, pulled my head out of my ass.  That guy has a gift with people, no matter what some of the Grundies here might say about his allegedly loose morals.  

Unexpectedly Sheila says, "What brought you here, Christopher?

"My car."

"Ha-ha", she says dryly.  "Why are you here?"

"For a rest."

"Now you are really funny", she says.  "Here for a rest, in this sprawling haunted mansion all surrounded by anxious religious neurotics."

"I would hardly call Carl anxious or neurotic."

"You are right about him", Glen says.  "That guy is gold."

"He is amusing", Sheila concurs.  "Have you thought of living here?  You look like you belong,"

"You mean I look like an anxious religious neurotic", and I am laughing.

"Could do worse", she says, "Could do a lot worse,,,"

No comments:

Post a Comment