Friday 15 April 2022

The Peacock 486

 "Who wants to go with me to the diner for lunch today", says Carl.  "Sister dearest?"

"Don't be ridiculous", Melissa mutters, "I have too much to do here."

"You deserve a break today", Carl sings.

"McDonald's dropped that slogan more than seven years ago", quips his sister, "What rock have you been living under?  And before you continue, Brother Smartass, you are not taking me anywhere near a McDonald's.  Not today, and not ever."

"You are a gal after my heart, Melissa", says Sheila.

"And I'm not going to the diner either", she says, defiant.

"Can't say I didn't try", Carl says, shrugging.  "How about you, Glen?"

"Sure", he says, "But just one thing.  I haven't got any money."

"It's all on me."

"Chris?"

"Of course."

"How about you, Carol?"

"Well, I do think that Melissa might want someone around to help out today."

"Oh Carol", chimes Sarah, "You're no fun!"

"Sheila", says Carl.

"Last but not least?" Sheila says.  "Well, I don't see why not.   And you are paying, of course."

"Of course."

And here arises for me the awkward question.  What do the members of this community do for income.  Are they ever even allowed pocket money.   I of course would like to know, and naturally I am too much a coward to ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment