Tuesday 19 April 2022

The Peacock 490

 "Hey Carl", says Matthew suddenly, and I am surprised to hear him speak, "How about bankrolling Michael and I for a couple of weeks downtime in an all-inclusive in Puerta Vallarta.  Hey Sheila, would you like to come?"

"I would be delighted", she says blandly.

"Carl Travel", we'll call it", says Michael.

"Does mom know about this?" Melissa asks her brother.

"I don't know, have you talked to her lately?"

"Last night on Skype."

"Where was I?"

"Very good question, Carl", she says.  "Where were you?"

"My fault", says I, "We were up in my bedroom."

"Were you, now", says Michael, snickering.

"Father Francois was also with us." say I.

"Three of you", Matthew says with a smirk", and with a priest.  What were you doing.  Confessing?"

"You guys", says Sarah, trying to sound indignant, but also barely restraining her laughter.  And now Glen is laughing out loud again.

"I'm sorry, everyone", says Matthew, now smiling broadly,, "But after almost three years living under the holy dictatorship of pope Douglas, I think it's time we all let our hair down."  And then, pumping the air with his fist, he yelps out a joyous, "Woo-HOO!"

"Anyway", says Melissa, clearly wanting to be the adult in the room, "Mom doesn't know about the travel expenses for those two, because I only found out just now."

"It all came out of my own pocket", says Carl, "So Sister dearest, you may chill already."

"Oh, I did tell you she's coming here next week, didn't I."

"That you did, Mel", says Carl, sighing with resignation.  "That you did..."

No comments:

Post a Comment