Thursday 7 April 2022

The Peacock 479

 "Let's first see how I survive the month I am here for."

"Trust me when I say this, Christopher", Sheila says, "You're going to find this place very hard to leave."

"It's a beautiful place."

"It's already laid its claim on you.  Get out while you can.  Or don't.  You're right about Carl.  And his sister.  Very good people."

"This place itself is problematic", Glen says.  "This place is full of competing and conflicting presences.  We have been doing battle with some of those presences since we first arrived here.

"We have been discovering some interesting details about the history of this place since we have been reading Cosme´s journal.

"Cosme", says Sheila.  "That name is very familiar."

"That was my name when I moved here, Sheila.  Remember?"

"I don't, actually.  I came shortly after you, and you told me that you had amnesia.  But you didn't mention anything about that name."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, I don't remember it actually."

"And Christopher, you also thought Cosme was your name when you first arrived here."

"Did you?" says Sheila.  "How decidedly odd."


No comments:

Post a Comment