Tuesday 26 April 2022

The Peacock 497

 We appear to be walking in on rather a serious conversation  With difficulty they all pull away from their topic of interest in order to give us their attention.

"The meeting is just starting", says Sarah.  "Are you all coming?  Francois!  What happened?"

He is holding a facecloth against a lightly bleeding cut under his right eye.

"A bit of a scuffle with Tristan, I'm afraid."

"Where is he?" says Sarah.

"He's gone", says Jenn.  "Apparently, he hit Francois, who delivered him in return a punch in the mouth.  He fell on the floor.  Then, got up and ran away."

"You actually hit him?" Sarah says, incredulous.

"I probably should have held myself in check", says Francois.  "But I just couldn't let the little bastard get away with it.  I know, hardly turning the other cheek, and now he's gone."

"Are you sure he's gone?" says Sarah.

"We saw him leave from the window.  He must have picked up his things without any of you seeing him.  It appears he left through one of the side doors."

"What happened?" says Sarah.

"Just as we were starting to do the floor, he launched into some very racist language", says Francois.  "I challenged him.  He hit me, I hit him back, and he ran away."

"What are we going to do now?" says Sarah.

Francois emits a wicked little grin and says, "Does Carl have champagne in the wine cellar?..."  

No comments:

Post a Comment