Tuesday 12 April 2022

The Peacock 484

 "This hot chocolate is just heavenly", says Sheila.

"Nipple erecting", says Carl with a sly grin.

"What!" says Sarah.

Suddenly Glen has burst out laughing, uncontrollably.

"I hardly think that's funny."

"I do", says Sheila deadpan.

"What!  Sheila!  You?"

Glen is still laughing.

"No need to take offense dear.  You have out excelled yourself with the cocoa, as you tend to do with everything."

It's hard to tell whether or not that has been said as  compliment.  Methinks that maybe not.  Glen is still laughing.

"Sarah, I assure this is not a betrayal, and yes, the remark", and Sheila glances at Carl, "Is tasteless, but it is nonetheless funny."

Glen is finally starting to settle down.  Then, as he composes himself, he looks up and says, "Sorry everyone...but after all the stress and tension lately, I think I was just needing a good laugh."  He tastes the cocoa.  "And Sarah, you have truly outdone yourself..."

No comments:

Post a Comment