Monday 4 April 2022

The Peacock 475

The old woman trundles into the room and slowly eases herself into the chair next to Glen and just across from me.  Looking at me, she says crisply and calmly. "And you would be?"

"Christopher."  She extends her hand to shake mine, lightly.  

"Pleased to meet you.  My name is Sheila.  Do you live here?"

"Now I do.  Or so it seems, anyway."

"He is one of Carl and Melissa's guests", says Glen. "Will you have some coffee, Sheila?"

"Wouldn't mind.  I had a hell of a time waking up this morning,  Still a bit groggy."

"Are you here for the meeting?" I ask.

"Yes, but there is something else."  She turns to Glen.  "It's Matthew again."

"How is he today."

"Pretty bad.  He seems almost like Doug.  Like he's been taken possession of."

"What's he up to?"

"Ranting and raving about Carl being the Antichrist and that he and his sister have to be purged off the property, even if it is their property  Thing is, no one could get him to come down today for the meeting. Perhaps Michael could persuade him.  He still listens to him sometimes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment