Monday 11 April 2022

The Peacock 483

 "Cocoa!" The voice is Carl's, ringing through the room.  He is carrying two white with gold trim porcelain cocoa pots, followed by Sarah who carries a tray with a half dozen matching cups, white and gold like the cocoa pots.  

"Sheila, I trust you are staying for cocoa", says Carl, beaming warmth, joy and goodwill.

"Did Sarah make it?" she asks.  "Oh, then I must stay."

"I am flattered and honoured, Sheila", says Sarah, beaming.  "And it's such a treat to see you here.  You were becoming an anchorite, like Glen.  Super awesome seeing both of you here."

"I think we have, the rest of us, have also agreed that it is time for us all to be more...together."

"Excepting for Tristan", mutters Sarah, pouring chocolate into each cup.

"Matthew is also being a problem", says Sheila.

"So, what else is new?"

"So, we're all meeting in thirty minutes, right?" says Carl.

"Something like that" , says Sheila.  "My son is still tightening the screws on Matthew, I believe."

"Your son?" say I.

"Michael..."


No comments:

Post a Comment