Saturday 5 August 2023

The Peacock 960

 "It turns out", says Cynthia, gently shoving her laptop aside, as though to clear space for us, "that Naomi's, and your great-grandfather, also happened to be my great-grandfather."

"Hold on", says Carl, "Wasn't my great grand father your great great uncle?"

"Apparently not", she replies.  

"Would you guys like coffee?" says Francois.

"I can get it," says Carl.

"No, you need to talk with your cousin.  I'll get it."

"I didn't bring any cash with me."

"No worries man. I'm pretty flush right now."

"Do you guys actually fight over who gets to pay?" says Cynthia.

"In a way...Yes", says Carl.

"That is pretty rich", she says, laughing.

"So's your cousin", say I, just dodging the warning concealed venomous look Carl is darting my way.  and now I am laughing...

No comments:

Post a Comment