Monday 21 August 2023

The Peacock 976

 "There's more.  That house has a very bizarre and twisted history.  Somehow it got into the hands of a nudist commune in the forties and fifties, and then a particularly bizarre cult in the sixties.  We suspect there might have been a massive group suicide there, a la Jim Jones, but the journal we have read from one of the survivors indicates something even more bizarre, which I won't go into right now, also we suspect that drugs might have been involved.  From there, we don't really know what happened except that my father began to visit there regularly during the eighties and nineties and sunk a lot of money into restoring the place.  Melissa and I would go out there from Holland when we were kids and spend the summer there, that was after my patents' divorce, then my father disappeared, died, an alleged suicide.  We've had it turned into a Christian retreat cetre, but there are still really weird things going on there."

"Weird in what sense?"

"Supernatural.  Various people, including us three just days ago, have had rather bizarre hallucinations and otherworldly visitations.  The place is clearly haunted."

"Cursed, I would say", says Cynthia  "I must be getting back to the centre.  I would like us to continue this conversation.  Next week, here at this coffee shop suit you okay?  Monday again at three?"

"I don't see why not", says Carl.

No comments:

Post a Comment