Monday 14 August 2023

The Peacock 969

 "How I wish that we could. How I wish that we could."

"I imagine your girls need the income."

"There aren't a lot of folks out there who are thinking of employing a former sex worker.  There is a seed project beginning that might address this, but so far it doesn't seem likely to germinate.  Stigma, you know."

"Would you like to see them get out of sex work."

"Nothing would give me more joy.  But right now we are stuck with keeping them alive and well and at least passably happy.  There is so little political will.  And a lot of the pigs they service are shall we say pillars of society, and not one of them is about to table any legislation that will help these women move into a new and better life."

"Can I share something with you?"

"Please do."

"For three years, when I was a teenager, in Amsterdam, I was a rent boy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment