Thursday 24 August 2023

The Peacock 979

 "Did you sleep?" say I to Carl.

"Maybe for ten minutes.  I found your conversation too interesting."

"An eavesdropper", say I.

"So, Francois, my advice", says Carl, "Would be exactly what Chris just told you.  Stick close with us, especially during this time.  And don't meet with those vultures in black dresses."

"The archbishop and clergy?"

"Whom else would I be talking about'".

"Like scared little old ladies in black dresses", say I.

"Exactly."

"Where should we go to eat?" say I.

"how about Japanese?" says Francois".

"I was thinking of Indian curry", says Carl.

"There's a really decent Thai restaurant nearby", say I.

"Rock" says Carl, simultaneous to Francois'  "scissors."

Then I say "scissors" to Carl's paper.

"We're going for Thai", say I .

"Let's Thai one on", says Carl.

"You're designated driver, Carl", say I, "so you are drinking water tonight."

"You just want to Thai me down."

"Yeah, and spank you too."

"Oh promises promises!"

"Why me?" says Francois, looking up in dismay...



No comments:

Post a Comment