Wednesday 16 August 2023

The Peacock 971

 "But you want persuading."

"It isn't that so much, but the dynamics of patriarchy are very much present in sex work, and I would imagine that when it is between two men, then perhaps that changes things somewhat.  I don't know., I'm thinking out loud right now."

"Wouldn't it just come down to something as simple as physical strength?" says Francois.  "A male sex worker could well have an advantage over his client in most cases, given that he is likely working out every day in the gym in order to stay in shape."

"There is that", says Cynthia.  "Many of our women are very vulnerable to physical assault."

"What do you think of some feminist academics", says Carl, "That think it should be called sex work because it should be seen as a legitimate profession, given that some women would want to make that choice about what to do with their bodes."

"And I as a Christian", says Cynthia, "Simply am not prepared to go that far.  I will stand my ground on this, that ninety percent or more women in the sex trade are there because they were sexully abused as chuldren.  I was interviewed last week on CBC, and when I made that statement I started getting nonstop hate calls and texts from academic feminists, calling me a complete sellout and a disgrace to women's liberation and a Christian sycophant, and those were the gentler names I was called.  But no woman who is the product of a healthy and happy childhood would ever think of selling her body.  There is something decidedly pathological about sex work, and I only wish we had the resources to get to the bottom of it."

"So then", says Carl, "What would you have said to your daughter?"

"I would first ask her why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment