Thursday 16 November 2023

The Peacock 1062

 "What would you say about your mom's mental health."

"Bat shit crazy."

"Seriously?

"Yeah, i'm afraid so.  I'm worried about all of us right now, Mel with her autism and me with my own issues of trauma, and now here is mumsy,  all ready  to make life even more interesting."

"You guys have been through a lot."

"All of us", says Carl. "That' s why God has thrown us together."

"Do you expect that she's going to stay?"

"With my mother you never know.  She is stubborn, iron willed and devious.  And super, super fragile.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if she winds up cracking in the next couple of days."

"Has she before?"

"Yes, I would say, though she's always hidden it well.  There were times in Switzerland she would become an obsessive cleaner, repeatedly scouring the sinks, and the floors and the counter, and I don't mean just after mealtimes but every quiet moment she got.  When we called her on it she said that for her it helped her centre for prayer."

"Obsessive compulsive disorder."

"We really got concerned when on several occasions, she woke us up in the middle of the night with her nocturnal cleaning rituals.  That was when I asked her about getting professional help.  Naturally she refused and said that she was being called to watchnight intercessory prayer, and that's why she was up scrubbing the kitchen clean at two in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment