Monday 13 November 2023

The Peacock 1059

 Breakfast is a bit of a free for all.  Carl was up first and left the Shreddies out, so now Francois and I are pouring ourselves each a bowl of Shreddies as we join Carl at the table.  I rather wanted boiled eggs this morning and Francois asked me to add a couple of extra in the pot for him.  Carl has prepared and cut fresh fruit for everyone and now he is rummaging in the fridge for cheese which he is now slicing onto a plate for everyone.  I have just put on one of Dad's classical cd's, Handel's music for the Royal Fireworks.  And Sheeba the cat has returned to haunt us, now taking her place in the empty chair next to me.

"We should invite Chelsea for breakfast some morning soon", says Francois.

"Agreed", say I.

"I want to ask her about Geraldine Bang-Bang", says Carl.

"Do you now?" says Francois, arching an eyebrow.

"I'm sure she would be only too delighted", I rejoin.  "Hey, no feeding the cat at the table", I bark at Carl as he slips her a slice of cheese.

"Yes master."

"And don't you forget it."

No comments:

Post a Comment