Saturday 18 November 2023

The Peacock 1064

 "Has this happened often?"

"About every couple of months or so.  Any time there was a crisis or she was under a lot of pressure that would be her way of venting."

"Has she ever seen a psychiatrist or any kind of counsellor?"

"Never in her life, or not as far as I know.  Wait, she and dad both had to have some sessions with a court appointed psychiatrist during the divorce proceedings, but neither of them appeared to take it very seriously.  It's hard for me to say because I was just thirteen at the time, and simply trying to cope the best way I could."

"What are you going to do with her once she's out of quarantine?"

"I think I will leave her in the capable hands of my sister."

"Shouldn't that be a lot for Melissa to have to take on?"

"I know I'm not being fair.  But here I am, the good son."

"I really am starting to wonder how and where Francois and I both fit in here."

"As am I.  Yes, Francois.  He appears to be the only adult in the room."

"aAnd he is younger than us both by far."

"That he is, dear Christopher, that he is..."

No comments:

Post a Comment