Tuesday 7 November 2023

The Peacock 1053

 "That's interesting", says Carl.  Francois is silent.

"Aside from rather a flop of matrimonial relations with my wife, he is the only sexual partner I've ever had.  After the third time, he followed me home.  He had been sleeping in a tent in the gay section of the beach, in between tree planting contracts on Vancouver Island.  Dad was away for a few days on retreat, but I wouldn't let Chuck sleep with me.  He slept in the den on the hideabed, then the next morning, after giving him breakfast, he went away.  I never saw or heard from him again.  Curiously, he did apologize for taking advantage of my vulnerability, as he called it.  And he was right about that.  Even if I did sin by consenting, I felt lured into his trap with him, and very much taken over by him.  I never said anything to Dad about it, nor that I had entertained a house guest in his absence   That's always stood as a bit of a wedge between us, I'm afraid.

"That you had to keep that secret from him," says Carl.

"That, without my father's consent or knowledge that I allowed some random stranger I'd had sex with to sleep in his house without his knowledge or consent."  And now, for the first time ever in life, I am undergoing contrition and repentance, and tears are streaming down my face.  Francois is still silent...


No comments:

Post a Comment