Thursday 30 November 2023

The Peacock 1074

 "What was your father's line of work?" say I

"He was CFO of a network of internet providers.  Then he got into crypto currency, was found out by the authorities for doing some things that were not considered legal and from there..."

The young man seems awkward and uncomfortable and this clearly must be embarrassing to him.

"I heard about it on the BBC", says Carl.  It was just over a year ago?"

"Yes,."

And now I really feel it is time to rescue the young man from Carl's obvious lack of tact.  "Do you plan on recontinuing your university studies?"

"I am studying some courses online.  I was going to major in business management, but I find psychology much more interesting.  I live with my aunt now, since I had to give up the apartment that my father had purchased for me, and she is kind enough not to charge me rent, so with my earnings in real estate I am still able to pay for some classes."

"What would you say about the current real estate market in Greater Vancouver?" says Carl, who still wants to push the boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment