Friday 17 November 2023

The Peacock 1063

 "That would have been September 12, 2001.  I remember because it was the day after the twin towers were destroyed by aircraft hijacked by Muslim terrorists in new york City.  The infamous nine-eleven.  I was just recently back from my summer here in the mansion and was just nineteen at the time.  I heard some kind of banging around happening downstairs, it woke me up, and I said it was around 2 am.  I went downstairs and there she was, cleaning the stove from top to bottom.  She said this was a symbolic form of praying for repentance and cleansing for the Islamic terrorists and for protection from a global conflagration.  In the meantime she was singing, hymns but also a lot in tongues.  Then she proceeded to the fridge, emptying out all the food and proceeding to wipe the shelves and interior clean, which she claimed was to pray for protection for the people of the United States and Europe, while praying in tongues, and that there be no disruption in global supplies of food.  Then Mel came down and almost screamed, "Mother, what do you think you're doing!  God already heard you the first time.  now come up to bed."

"What did your mom do then?"

"To my surprise, she obeyed Melissa, put her hand in hers, and silently and meekly let my sister lead her back up to bed, and to this day, my sister is the only person she will listen to.   I of course was left with the job of putting everything back in the fridge, and I rewarded myself with a huge snack of leftover chicken, scalloped potatoes and chocolate cake.  I feasted like a prince.  It was delicious"

No comments:

Post a Comment