Tuesday 14 November 2023

The Peacock 1060

 "That music is just heavenly", says Carl.  "Bach?"

"Handel's music for the Royal Fireworks." say I

"Good pick for breakfast music", says Francois.

"You know something else", say I.  "When I was rummaging through Dad's cd's I came across Rachmaninov's Third piano Concerto. "Guess who the pianist is?"

"Not Van Cliburn?" says Carl.

"Our own Carl Barlow-Mead."

"Why don't you play that instead?"

"That's evening music.  I'll play it after dinner." 

"Any word from her", says Francois.

"Mel says she's happy, eating like the dickens and playing lots of Mozart and Beethoven." says Carl.

"That woman really knows how to eat", say I.

"I have some news", says Carl.  "Mom and her friends arrived a couple of hours ago and now should be on their way to the hotel."

"Where are they staying?"

"Richmond Inn."

"That's where Erik is.  I'm going out there to deliver him some books and art materials after breakfast.  Would you like me to select some extra books for her from Dad's library?"

"Sure.  in fact, we could go out there together in the van.  Francois?"

"I have to look for a job."

"Fair enough", says Carl wistfully.  "Fair enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment