Sunday 7 January 2024

The Peacock 1110

 "Here endeth the lesson", say I.

"Agreed.  Karen does have a story", says Carl.

"I only wonder", says Francois, "Just why she is devoting so much attention to herself."

"Why wouldn't she?" says Carl.

"With all the time she is spending in seminary, learning about the Christian faith, God, pastoral responsibilities, doesn't this account of hers strike anyone here as rather inordinately self-absorbed?"

"She's an Anglican", say I.

"And that says it all?" says Francois.

"Yes, I 'm afraid that it does."

"Here's a joke for you", says Carl.

"Isn't it rather late?" says Francois, moaning playfully.

"When is a pre surgery transwoman like a fruit bowl?"

"Here it comes", say I.

"When they both have two pairs."

"Go to your room", shouts Francois, laughing...

"Yes", say I, "Time for beddy-byes, kiddies.

"Oh", one last thing", says Francois, "I got an email from Oliver, the Ugandan kid."

"How is he" says Carl.

"He's safe, wouldn't go into detail and still isn't safe to reveal where he is, but he's at least safe for now."

"Super good news", say I, already leaving for my father's bedroom.  "Good night..."

"

No comments:

Post a Comment