Tuesday 30 January 2024

The Peacock 1134

 As soon as he sits down, he says, "Oh, sorry, do you guys need some time?"

"It's all good, mate", says Chuck.

"How is your mom?" say I.

"She has it."

"Covid?"

"She had trouble breathing last night, but today seems to have stabilized.  She has so far avoided hospitalization."

"Has she been vaccinated?" say I.

"Mom is afraid of needles.  Trauma from Rwanda, I think, but she has been resisting getting the jab.  I think she is finally slowly changing her mind.

"She will have a few months of immunity anyway", say I.  "We have another week and a bit before it kicks in for us. it takes around two weeks I have heard"

"What, you've already had it?" says Chuck.

"No", says François.  "We were vaccinated last Saturday.  How about you?"

"No way I'm going anywhere near that stuff.  I have no idea what they want to put into our bodies", says Chuck, "But they ain't putting nothing into mine..."

"

No comments:

Post a Comment