Thursday 25 January 2024

The Peacock 1129

 "This is a small world", says Chuck.

"It is small.  How did you get involved in this kind of ministry?"

"It's quite a long story, actually.  You see, what happened was soon after the last time I saw you, when I stayed overnight in your house, I did go to that tree planting job on Vancouver Island, but it was cut short.  I was having some problems with drinking at the time, and drugs, mostly mushrooms, but I was suddenly drinking and using a lot, and it was making me pretty useless for work.  So they had to let me go.  Anyway, there were also questions about my mental health. I seemed to be having visions when I was out on the land planting, and I couldn't stay focussed on my work.  

"A being in white.  A shining, radiant being, often just standing there before me.  It was usually very peaceful, blissful, then he would be gone and I was sunk again in misery that I tried to drown more in drink.  But I think the mushrooms were having a countervailing effect, and so the visions.  But it got to be too much.  Soon, I wasn't able to leave my tent.  It was just too scary going out there.  My foreman let me go, but I had enough money to book a flight back to Melbourne. So, I went home...

No comments:

Post a Comment