Saturday 20 January 2024

The Peacock 1124

 "What time do you want me to pick you up?" says Carl as we are getting out of the van.

"We can take the bus home", say  I.

"How about I meet you guys at the condo?"

"We'll be okay, Carl", says Francois."

"Yeah, but what time?"

He is staring at me from the steering wheel, his head turned in my direction and his blue eyed gaze holding me in place even though I have already removed my seat belt and am holding the door half open.  I reach into my pocket where I have just located an extra set of keys which I hand to Carl, and here are also my house keys, and I am reminded that I still haven't had copies of keys made for everyone.  I will do this today.   And now to double check.  Yes, I still have my own keys in my other pocket.  All good.

"You know where the building is?"

"Hamilton and Robson, just upstairs from the McDonald's."

"Very good.  And the unit number?"

"3105."

"That is totally impressive, Carl."

"From my working days in Amsterdam."

"That's right", says Francois, "Where you became adept at memorizing license plates.  I hope your mom's okay, Carl."

"Ditto." say I.

"Thanks.  Me too.  So what time will you be there."

"How about between one and two?" says Francois.

"Deal.  See you then."

"Thanks for the ride", say I.

"Don't mention it."

"Okay, then, we won't", says Francois, smiling.

"And say hi to Chuck for me."

"I will.  See you later..."

No comments:

Post a Comment