Wednesday 17 January 2024

The Peacock 1121

 I already have a text from Erik. "Good morning, Christopher.,  Please phone me if you have time."

"Hello?

"Good morning. What's up?

"Thought we could chat a bit before I go back to sleep for a while."

"How is your sleep?"

"Up and down.  I've been awake since two am, but I think I'm almost ready to get back to sleep.  I was on the phone with Greta a couple of hours ago.  She of course is quite wroth about my leaving.  She seems to have guessed where I am, but I'm not going to help them.  I just told her that I'm alive and well and to not call me again.   Then she said for me to say hi to Christopher for her, and I just played dumb and said I might try to get you on Skype."

"Well, they seem to be on your trail."

"We'll be ready for them."

"Listen, Erik, Carl is on his way to Richmond and wants to know if you need anything.  He could stop at the hotel on his way to see his mother.  She's in hospital right now with covid."

"Oh that's right.  She is also supposed to be in quarantine.  Is she okay?"

"Says she's been upgraded to stable."

"That's good news.  It turns out that I don't have it, so I should be okay during my confinement here."

"How are you for reading."

"Well, thank you for bringing me the whole Stieg Larsson Trilogy.  I only saw the movie, and this is something fantastic so it should keep me busy for most of the two weeks anyway."

"Do you need more chocolate?"

"No need to ask.  I always need more chocolate."

"More Lindt orange chocolate?"

"Three bars please."

"Anything else?"

"A litre of milk.  It always makes the chocolate go down just perfect..."

No comments:

Post a Comment