Saturday 27 January 2024

The Peacock 1131

 "Chuck, you and I last saw each other twenty-five years ago.  And you say you returned to Australia just ten years ago after leaving your tree planting job.  What happened during the other fifteen years."

"I don't know."  This looks very painful for him.

"You don't know?"

"When I left my job.  I travelled to Victoria where I stayed for a few days in a hostel.  I met some people there who wanted me to check out this community in Saanich  They were Christians, interdenominational.  There was another visitor there, a beautiful young man, who sat and started talking with me.  He invited me to take a walk with him, so we went a couple of kilometres to a beach.  A boat appeared on the water and was coming towards us.  Next thing I remember, I was at the Vancouver International Airport, the same young man was with me in the departures lounge.    I went to use the washroom before boarding my flight.  The person looking back at me in the mirror was fifteen years older....


No comments:

Post a Comment