Wednesday 13 March 2024

The Peacock 1178

" It looks comfy", says Jeffrey.

"Try it out", say I.

Jeffrey glances pointedly at the roller suitcases now piled on the bed, then glares at George.  

"Oh, all right", says George with theatrical flourish, then begins to move the luggage to the floor.

"Much better", says Jeffrey  who then gracefully lets himself fall onto the now empty bed.  "Oh", he says, "This is divine.  C'mon over Georgie."

"Later darling, I have a headache", he replies, taking to the red armchair in the corner.  It is a vintage Art Deco chair with wood trim on the arms, upholstered in burgundy velour.

"Christopher", says Jeffrey, "Do come and test this lovely mattress with me."

"But you are a married man", I reply winsomely.  Then glancing at George who seems rather amused at his husband's playful flirting with me.  "How about if I leave you two alone for a while."

As I am headed for the door, George says, "But I thought we were going for dinner", he says.

"I'll let you know when we're all ready to go", say I, as I slip out and gently close the door behind me, completely unable to get this silly smile off my face...


No comments:

Post a Comment