Thursday 14 March 2024

The Peacock 1179

 "So how are our guests?" says Francois.  Carl is staring at his phone with rather a worried and pensive look on his face.

"I shut them up in the room together so they can get some rest, or, get whatever.  Carl, what's up?"

"I just had a little chat with my sister.  She is not at all pleased that we are harbouring two fugitives."

"Say what?"

"We have a joint bank account that almost everyone in the community has access to.  Mel is royally pissed that neither George nor Jeffrey surrendered their card before they left."

"What did you tell her?" say I, easing myself into an armchair.

"I told her to get over it.  They are still part of the community."

"And what did she say?"

"Nothing.  She hung up on me."

"So now what are you going to do."

"Knowing Mel,  I'll get another call from her tomorrow, completely innocuous, and nothing will be mentioned about it."

"What time do you want to go for dinner?"

"Maybe in an hour.  Hey, where are you going?"

"To my room, to lie down for a while.  Call me when you're ready..."

No comments:

Post a Comment