Monday 18 March 2024

The Peacock 1183

 "What do you guys plan to do?"

"Sometime we would like to get our own place.  And return to work.  We're both experienced and fully qualified university professors, for George early church history, for me medieval history, but our fields are so elite and unusual and our background solely limited to the seminary that we might have to settle with driving Uber or making espresso."

"Do you think you might have a future here with us?"

"We don't know.  We are going to need time to find out."  He pauses to look at me for a while, reclined on my father's bed, as though he is an art thief quickly examining a painting by a renaissance master before deciding to walk off with it.  I am starting to feel a little bit uncomfortable.  "What are your plans, Christopher?"

"It's all up in the air.  First it's wait and see with Carl buying that house.  I would like to stay here.  In fact, you and George might consider living here with me long-term if you want.  I think Francois and my ex brother in law would also be living here, but there should be room for all of us."

"There's lot to think about."

"But we also have time on our side."

"You bet we do", says George, standing at the door, a big grin on his face....

No comments:

Post a Comment