Sunday 24 March 2024

The Peacock 1189

 "Isn't that a bit sudden?" says Jeffrey.

Looking to Carl and I, Francois says", Well, who's going to tell them?"

"Okay, I will", say I.  "Francois has broken the seal of the confessional."

"How did that happen?" says George.

"No", says Jeffrey, "Don't tell us or we could also get thrown out."

"But isn't that what you both want?"

"We wanted to get married.  We're both fine with leaving the priesthood.  But we don't want to lose the church", says George.

Francois is frantically scrolling on his phone.  Then he says, "I really don't know how you two could have been so naive about marrying each other, but here it says that you are both now automatically excommunicated.  Ever since tying the knot.  Here it is, if you don't believe me"

"We already knew", says Jeffrey, "We just hoped no one would find out."

"Which means", says Carl, "That like Jeffrey already said, you three really are all in the same boat."

Says Francois, "Let me tell you guys about a little phone chat I had just the other day with Father Augustine.  Yes, I mean THAT Father Augustine..."

No comments:

Post a Comment