Tuesday 19 March 2024

The Peacock 1184

 "Oh, you're awake", says Jeffrey to his husband.

"Or I could be walking in my sleep", he says with a wicked little cackle. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything"

"Oh we were just having a little chat."

"About me, I presume", says George, still standing.

"About us.  Christopher has invited us to live here with him long-term."

"Hm, that could be a delicious proposal", he says, sitting down on a corner of the bed.

"Of course, you both might prefer the house that Carl has just bought."

"Well, our options are going to be limited, what with the cost of housing in this city", says Jeffrey.

"And this damn covid pandemic..." says George.  "I assumed that you would be throwing your lot in with Carl."

"I still have a lot of thinking to do", say I....

No comments:

Post a Comment