Sunday 17 March 2024

The Peacock 1182

 "Well, I can't say I've had much practice as a marriage counsellor.  What's up?" And right now I am feeling jarred at how direct I have been becoming since returning home here.

"George and I have known each other almost all our lives.  We grew up together in East Van.  Went to school together, church, then seminary, the priesthood, the abbey.  And now we're married.  We have been each other's whole lives, and now suddenly he's fallen asleep on me and for the first time ever I'm annoyed by his snoring."

"And that's all?"

"My entire life has been George.  George's entire life has been me.  We're not even forty yet.  Our birthdays are just two days apart.  And now here we are, married for six months and after escaping that monastery for that crazy mansion, now here we are with you in your family home.  It's all too much to take in."

"Have you either of you ever dated other people?"

"We took each other's virginity.  There has never been anyone else."

"And you're complaining?"

"I don't know.  It's all been so much to take in..."

No comments:

Post a Comment