Monday 25 March 2024

The Peacock 1190

 "What did you tell him." says Jeffrey

"Well. I didn't exactly plan it that way, but he is now also excommunicated from the church."

"You don't mean to say", says George.

"I told him everything."

"Frankie, how could you!", and only now have I heard George's nickname for our Rwandan-Canadian friend.

"Well, you'd might as well tell us then", says Jeffrey, clearly resigned.

"While I was still at the abbey this Hutu bastard came to me for absolution for torching the church in Rwanda where he murdered my father.  He did not want absolution for murdering my father, nor anybody.   Just for burning down a church. Of course I refused, and told him to get lost before I killed him.  You think I'm going to carry a secret like that for the rest of my life?   I'm glad to be gone from those vipers"

"Father Augustine excommunicated", says George.  "It couldn't have happened to a worthier candidate."

No comments:

Post a Comment