Wednesday 20 March 2024

The Peacock 1185

 "This is your family home", says George.

"Except for the condo downtown where I lived with my wife, I've never lived anywhere else."

"I didn't know you were married", says Jeffrey.

"That was a long time ago.  She's in Sweden now and has remarried and has a kid now.

"You mentioned that you have a brother in law", says Jeffrey.

"That would be Erik.  He came out to see me, but is in covid quarantine till next week and he will be living here with me, or with us, should you both accept my offer.

"What's he like?" asks George.

"Early thirties, quiet, bright, sensitive."

"What brings him here?"

"Problems with his sister, my ex."

"Bad problems?" says Jeffrey.

"Very bad."

"What happened to the condo?" asks George.

"I still have it.  It's furnished, liveable, if you guys would prefer to live there that could also work, but you would be right downtown."

"What would be Carl's stake in all this" says Jeffrey.

"He wants us all to live together with him under one roof in New West like one big happy family", say I.

"You bet I do", says Carl, standing in the doorway smiling.  "You guys ready or what?"

No comments:

Post a Comment