Thursday 28 March 2024

The Peacock 1193

"I hope he's okay, wherever he is", says Jeffrey.

"Oh, Please!" hisses George at his partner.

"Well, he is a human being, after all."

"And so was Adolph Hitler.  Do you still have a soft spot for Pope Douglas?"

"I have compassion for him."

"You have compassion for everyone."

"I suppose I do.  I married you, didn´t I?"

"Touché."

"And Douglas did take me into his confidence for a while.  I mean at first, before he got really bad."

"What did he tell you?" says Carl.

"He had a really abusive childhood.  His dad used to beat him up."

"Which gave him his training for what he did to us", says Francois.  "I'm sorry, but there are limits to my compassion."

Carl  looks at his phone.  "Food's arrived."

"Let's eat in here on the bed ", says George.

"We are eating in the dining room", say I, getting up with Carl who is already on his way to the front door...

No comments:

Post a Comment