Saturday 23 March 2024

The Peacock 1188

 Carl has moved up to where I am still lying and now we are both stretched out side by side on the bed.  George and Jeffrey are both seated cross legged at our feet, and François surveils us all from the wicker chair with an ironic grin of perpetual bemusement.

"So now what are we all going to do?" he says.

"Sit around and gossip?" say I.

"About whom?" says George.

"I have an idea", says Jeffrey.  "francois, we have hardly ever really spoken to each other since we left the  abbey, and since the three of us are in the same boat, I was wondering if we could all talk more about our experiences there and, and how we're all doing now."

"Like group therapy?" says Francois, still smiling.

"No need to be cynical", says George tartly.

"I actually think it's a great idea. I'll start.  I have just been excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church.

"You what!" says George, now genuinely alarmed...

No comments:

Post a Comment