Tuesday 8 June 2021

185

 Jesús calmly opens the battered journal.  He scans it, then passes it to Aaron who is seated next him on the couch.  They are talking quietly in Spanish.  Then Jesús directs his attention to all of us in the room here.  He says, "Aaron has a better English vocabulary, so he will do a lot of talking, but I can interpret this fine.  I think he comes from Spain.

"Carajo! No me apetece ninguna de esta tontería del gilipollas Philip." reads aloud Jesús.

"Fuck this!" Aaron translates.  "I have no time at all for any of that stupid twit, Philip, or any of his nonsense."

Slowly, haltingly, Aaron continues, "He has declared ...that I have ...to lock myself in the solitary cell for breaking the fast...prematurely..."

"Jesús reads, "Lo he dicho que él empuja en su culo su cabeza y luego me diga qué dulce y fragante."

Says Aaron, "I told him he should stick his head up his ass then tell me how sweet and fragrant it is in there.  

Then he continues, "I have just told the big guy that  if he touches me I'll crack his face open. The guy is a coward and really afraid of me, so they are leaving me alone.  I am still in disgrace, but no one forbids me from eating and whatever else, and  of course, I am still doing chores.  God almighty, and to think I escaped from Franco's prison camp that he has turned Spain into, only to live in this godforsaken cult..."


No comments:

Post a Comment