Wednesday 9 June 2021

The Peacock 186

 "They can all languish in their rooms for all I care.  Being the cook, naturally I have access to the kitchen, so this  morning I fried me up three eggs, with bacon, toast and peanut butter and blueberry jam.  Besides, no one knows yet that I also caught Philip, our exalted leader in the same damn kitchen this morning, feasting on a chicken drumstick.  He begged me to keep my mouth shut and I simply replied by getting out the stuff and cooking us both up a breakfast to remember.  He only barely succeeded in dissuading me from ringing the dinner bell for the others.  The hypocritical twit sicked his goon on me anyway, but even though I'm smaller, I'm also a better fighter, and he is not going to try anything again.  Besides, being in on his dirty little secret, whether he likes it or not, has bonded us, and now I have an edge on the great messiah.

"I am glad to see that my magnolia is finally doing well and it looks like it's going to survive.  It reminds me of Spain, naturally, and no one seems opposed to it being here.  Now it is producing its first cream coloured flower, but still small and spindly.  The peacocks seem to like it here.  This is where they congregate. No one seems to know they are here.  When I mentioned them to Lydia, she just looked at me funny, and thought that Philip's brainwashing techniques had worked rather too well on me.  At least she also is still sane.  Together we are plotting our escape from this godforsaken place..."

No comments:

Post a Comment