Monday 7 June 2021

The Peacock 184

 We are back in the small living room and we are all present.  Melissa is proudly displaying the brownies she baked today.  She seems to love to cook and bake much as Carol enjoys eating it all.  I have never seen a woman with such appetite.  I am amazed she is just Rubenesque and not morbidly obese. As for me, I would rather be off alone somewhere.  My head is practically sore and aching from all the intensity since my arrival here.  And I won't lie about Erik.  I am profoundly worried about him.  I don't want him staying with me.  And I do want him staying with me.  I think Ben could be for him the perfect foil.  He is my first really close friend since Kenny.  And older, near Aaron's age, I would say.  He appears to be almost in love with me, but he already drew a clear boundary about sex. He simply isn't interested.  And I think I also love him back, but this is not a romance, but I think developing into a deep and long friendship.  He does remind me a lot of Aaron and I hope to introduce them sometime.

I am very curious about meeting this Doug guy, the purported leader of the community here.  Bad blood between him and Aaron, and possibly won't show his face as long as he's here.

Carol, between bites of what would be her fourth brownie (and they are big, and yes, I am counting her intake!) looks up from her loveseat shared only by the big orange cat, "I believe we have something arranged for this little soireé, haven't we?"

Carl, from one of the armchairs, says, "I Have Cosme's diary here, Jesús, if you would like to have a look at it."  He hands it to him...

No comments:

Post a Comment