Monday 28 June 2021

The Peacock 205

 At first, the two ladies have appeared as two cats trying to square each other off over a piece of floor in the living room.  Now they appear to be working together more, rather as though they are reciting together a liturgy.

"I was really pushed to the edge by Josef.  By court order, I went to see a psychiatrist.  That was when I was diagnosed."

"I was also, under similar auspices", says Carol, "diagnosed."

"I have Asperger's syndrome".

"I have bipolar disorder."

"You have probably noticed that I communicate rather unusually."

"I suppose I should be thanking everyone here for coping so well and kindly with my abrupt mood swings."

"It was also around that time when my sister attempted suicide.  She almost died," says Carol.

Melissa goes suddenly strangely and eerily silent.  She is now looking hard at her brother, Carl.  Then she looks back at Carol.  She stutters, once or twice, then falls silent again, then she turns and looks again at her brother, now staring good and hard at him.

Carl says "Here, let me continue", he is sighing, and appears to be carrying something very heavy and very unyielding.

No comments:

Post a Comment