Sunday 20 June 2021

The Peacock 197

 "I woke up weeping", says Aaron, and his eyes do seem rather moist and his voice almost breaking.  I knew that wasn't just a dream, it was an actual visitation.  I was in a peculiar, heightened, lightened  and joyous state that lasted for several days.  Selectively, I told others about the vision, and all were as perplexed as I was.   I was in the library the next day.  And without even looking for anything, I suddenly came across a book that documented angelic visitations.   I borrowed the book, and much that I read collaborates perfectly with what happened to me."

I can feel myself sighing as I say, "Well, at least I know that I don't have a mental illness after all.  

"Or maybe we're all sickos", says Carl, chuckling.  "Where's Carol, by the way, she should be in on this don't you think?"

"I don't think she was meant to participate", Aaron says.  "How about Melissa?"

"Hard to say with my sister.  Even for me, she's often a closed book.  But I agree, Carol probably has enough to digest already."

"Don Jesús" Aaron says, "Qué pienses tu?"

"What did you just say?"  Carl asks.

Jesús replies, "He said, Sir Jesús, what do you think."

"Got your English back", says Carl.

"Carl", yells Melissa, "Get your toned ass in here and chop some vegetables already.  And bring one of our lovely guests with you."

"She who must be obeyed", says Carl laughing.  "Volunteers."

"I'll come", I say, pulling myself out of the comfort of the chair that has swallowed me whole.  And Aaron and Jesús both follow us into the kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment