Saturday 2 October 2021

299

 "And you weren't even tempted to test the margins a little."

"With something like that", says Carl.  "No."  Then looking at me very intently, he says, "Christopher, there is a lot that you haven't been told yet about this place, and most of it we don't understand either.  But whatever forces, whatever evil magic has been at work here, we dare not slip even one millimetre outside of the spiritual protection that still covers us here.  Tell me something, please."

"Go ahead."

"How did you feel when you were out there?"

"Not good."

"How are you now?"

"Still kind of icky."

"I'm going to pray for you, right now."

Carl stands in front of me, both his hands resting on top of my head, then he prays, almost in a whisper, "You foul, and vile unclean spirit.  I command you to release this man from your grip, to be bound in chains and confined in the deepest pit of hell, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, the Living Word, the Son of the Father, and the Second Person of the Holy Trinity.  Amen."

And I feel something welling up inside of me, and a strangled cry exhaling through my mouth and my head drops down and I know that I have just been liberated from something very dark and very foul indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment