Sunday 31 October 2021

The Peacock 327

 "And you are going to tell it now", says Aaron.

"Ah Mom", says Carl, "Do I have to?"

"Every last detail, young man."

Sarah says, "I'm not sure if I'm ready for it."

"I will keep it family friendly", says Carl.

Aaron says, "Dan Savage doesn't have a single family friendly bone in his body."

"By the way", says Carl to Aaron", where are you right now?"

He replies, "besides sucking back my third cup of coffee in this roadside diner?" 

"Are you still writing us?"

"Right now, I am seated at my desk in my little subsidized apartment in front of my laptop.  I just finished watching part of a documentary in Spanish about the wildlife of the Peruvian Amazon, and before that I saw on Dailymotion a vintage episode of the Avengers in black and white from 1965."

"I love that show", Carl says.  

"I used to watch it when I was a kid", says Aaron.  "It's a classic."

"What else were you just doing?" says Jesús.

"I was nibbling on a piece of vintage white cheddar from the Isle of Man."

"Sounds really yummy?" says-asks Sarah.  "Where do you buy it?"

"No Frills."

"They actually sell decent cheese?"

"Lately, yes, but Carl was going to tell us all about his...er...meeting with that famous sex columnist from Seattle..."


No comments:

Post a Comment