Thursday 14 October 2021

The Peacock 310

 "Does that sound like you, Jesús?" Sarah asks.

"I like food."

"Have you dug up and eaten any nice corpses lately?" asks Carl

"Pardon?"

Aaron translates:  "Recientemente, tú has cavado y comido algunos cadáveres buenos?"

"What!" he exclaims, then starts laughing.

"They also eat cobras and black mambas", I say.

"I guess it would depend on how they are cooked", says Jesús, smiling.

"What is a honeyguide?" says Carl.

"It's a bird in Africa that is said to guide the honey badgers to beehives.  But that appears to have been debunked?", says Sarah, though she appears to be asking.

"There goes the magic", says Carl.

For the first time, someone is playing music in the background here.  Pat Benatar, Love is a battlefield.

"So, are you really a honey badger?" Carl says to Jesús.

"No, I don't think so,  But I like honey."

"Close enough", says Aaron, then looking my way, he says, "Okay Christopher.  Your turn."

No comments:

Post a Comment