Friday 15 October 2021

The Peacock 3i1

 "October 3, 1976", say I.

"Let me see", says Sarah, scrolling her phone, "That makes you a Libra Dragon and you are also, a porcupine?"

"That means you have a lot of pricks!" says Carl, laughing boisterously.

"I don't think that's funny?", Sarah says.

"He's still a bit drunk, I'm afraid", say I.

"Only a little bit", says Carl.  "Hey, somebody order some coffee."

"I will ", says Aaron, who signals to the waiter.

"Let's have some pie", says Carl, like a teenager on an outing with his peers.

"Is it any good here?" says Sarah.

"Made from scratch", says Carl.  

"Hey Tommy", he says to the young waiter.  "What's the pie today?"

"Lemon meringue and apple."

"So, Sarah", says Aaron, "Read about the porcupines."

"Yeah", says Carl, "Tell us about your pricks."

Glaring at Carl, Sarah, "That's a little bit...inappropriate?" 

"Are you gonna tell my sister?"

"Yes, I am."

"I'll behave then", he says with a little smile.  He seems to be already beginning to sobre up a bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment