Friday 8 October 2021

The Peacock 305

 "By the way", says Aaron, directing at Carl, then gesturing towards his half-consumed burger, "I thought you guys were vegetarian."

"Melissa is."

"And you?"

"I'm flexitarian."

"Which makes you a dietary opportunist", says Sarah.

"Well, I usually don't eat meat, only when I come here."

"Does your sister know?" asks Jesús.

"Does my sister care?"

"So this place is your hideout?" says Sarah.

"Refuge would be the word."

"So, Sarah", says Aaron, "While you've got your phone out, do a search for primal astrology."

"Okay, she says.  "Got it."

"Now look for Leo and pig."

"Yep."

"What's it say?"

"Kwetzal."

"Show me", says Aaron.  "It's pronounced Kaytzal.  You don't pronounce the u, so it's Quetzal."

"Oh, what a beautiful bird!"

No comments:

Post a Comment